cURL Docs Companies Using curl
Companies Using curl in Commercial Environments
Lots of companies use curl/libcurl in their commercial products, or simply
use curl/libcurl for inhouse work. This list is incomplete.
- 16 Software
- Adara Networks
- Adobe - Acrobat Reader
7.0 for Linux, Flash Player 9 and 10 for Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris.
Adobe GoLive, Flash Media Server, Dreamweaver, Contribute, Fireworks and
- Adknowledge, Inc - internal software
- alaTEST - uses libcurl internally
- AOL UK - uses curl for an "easy installer"
- Apple - Backup on Mac OS X
- Archivas - Performance and
- ATX - We use libcurl in our software
so that the customer can connect to our server to update the software.
- Bietfuchs - german ebay-Sniping-Service
- Bitcartel - RadioLover on Mac OS X
- Blue Digits - VM Rover (voicemail client)
- Blue Security - Blue Frog
- bwin uses libcurl
- Candela Technologies -
- Canonical's Landscape uses libcurl.
- Cascade Data Systems - AppGenerator
- Carestream Health uses libcurl
in VIParchive (storage management platform for medical images and
information) curl and libcurl are used to post messages to web services
like the XDS service defined by IHE.
- CatchFIRE Systems
- CERN - Toolsuite quattor
- Cisco - Cisco NM-CUE (Cisco Unity Express) on Linux
- Chronos uses libcurl as a
WebDAV & CalDAV engine primarily. We also use it to publish, unpublish, and
subscribe to remote vCal files over FTP, FTPS, and SFTP.
- CLAAS Tractor SAS - uses libcurl in
an Update "agent" (Windows Update like) for our own tractor diagnostic tool.
This application runs on Windows.
- Contactor Data AB
- Cybernetica AS - in our time-stamping software
- Datasphere S.A. - uses libcurl in
ongoing developments of banking data transfer products.
- Digium - uses libcurl as part of Asterisk
- EFS Technology uses libcurl in their
- Eiffel Software uses libcurl in EiffelStudio
- Emsoft - EmBrowser on
- Euroling uses libcurl for
web-crawling in their SiteSeeker
- Eye-Fi uses libcurl in their manager
- F-Secure - Anti Virus on Linux
- FMWebschool's Grab-It
- GRIN uses libcurl in their game Ghost Recon
- focuseek - searchbox
- Garmin - Linux-based Nüvi navigation devices
- GipsyMedia Ltd - DigiGuide on Windows
- Google - Google Earth, Google Desktop
- Heynow Software - uses it on various
products developed for customers.
- IBM - Uses BOINC for world community grid. BOINC is
- Idruna Software Inc - Idruna Pocket Phojo and Idruna Photogenics HDR
- Infomedia Business Systems Division - AutoLedgers
- Information Handling Services - internal file transferring processes
- Internet Security Systems - Proventia M
- Intra2net AG - Intranator
- Jajja Communications uses it internally
- JET - "We are using libcurl at
JET, the nuclear fusion experiment based at Culham Laboratory in the UK. HTTP
is used as a transport for initialising and collecting data from a number of
instrumentation systems. We are using libcurl to perform the data collection
from the systems onto a central data warehouse"
- JLynx Software
- Karelia - Watson on Mac OS X
- kencast inc. - "uses libcurl in
a scripting extension library. We also use it in our upload/download manager
module in our product."
- LassoSoft uses libcurl in their
- Linden Lab makes Second Life
- Machina Networks - Xinergie Client Framework on Windows
- Macromedia: see Adobe
- MandrakeSoft - rpmdrake on Linux
- McAfee/Network Associates
Inc - Virex
on Mac OS X
- MediaAnalys uses curl for
scanning customers' web sites.
- Micromuse Inc.
- Motorola - "I am not sure where
it is used, but curl tarball is in ClearCase so it must be used somewhere
- Neptune Labs - DataShift on Windows
- Neuros Technology uses
libcurl in their OSD
- Nortel's forthcoming Rls 6 Telephony
switch. "NFC (network file copy) API was rewritten for Linux using curl library"
- Office2office Plc - posting Invoices and Purchase Orders
- OKTET Labs Ltd - have added libcurl
RPC to our Test Environment
- One Laptop Per Child ships every XO
laptop with curl and libcurl installed.
- On Technology - iCommand 3.0 on Windows
- OpenLogic includes curl and
libcurl in their so called Certified Library of
- Optimsys uses libcurl to manage HTTP
and HTTPS traffic in our OptimTalk platform
- Polaroid Corporation, USA - "Curl Uploader Server".
- Retarus Network Services GmbH - fax
outsourcing tool Faxolution for
- RSA Security Inc
- SanDisk uses libcurl in their Sansa
Connect mp3 player. (Info on
- SAS Institute - JMP
- SEB uses the .NET binding.
- Siemens uses libcurl "as part of a
big Telco product"
- Silicon Landmark uses libcurl
in a variety of internal and customer projects on MacOS X, Linux and FreeBSD
- Sony uses
curl in their "Bravia Internet Video Link" product.
- Source Remoting - VSS Remoting
- Steambird - using libcurl in one
deployed freebie product ('Love
Invaders') and all current (commercial) products in development, on Linux
- Sun - Sun
Explorer uses curl for HTTPS upload support.
- Swisscom - We use the php
binding for the php written Application Core where curl is needed to propagate
outstanding account manipulations to relay servers via https.
- Symantec's WinCE version of LiveUpdate
- System Garden - Habitat
- Tilgin - uses libcurl in their Mood series IPTV settop boxes.
- Tribalmedia - iShell
- Tiempo de Espera, S.L. (tds-solutions) tdBOX on Windows XP.
- Visonys AG - is using libcurl for
part of the reverse proxy functionality in its WAF visonysAirlock.
- Vivisimo - Content Integrator
- Vmware - VMware View Open Client
- Wump Research & Company a
fundamental "hand tool" for moving data
- Yahoo (via the PHP/CURL binding, see
at yahoo), used by http://search.yahoo.com and http://babelfish.yahoo.com
- Zimbra uses libcurl in their Zimbra product.
- Zonar Systems LLC - ZonarCom 3